Jewish Family Service is stepping up to help kids in need this summer.
The organization is collecting snacks and fun items for kids this month, in order to provide 400 goodie bags.
Food items being sought include small water bottles, juice boxes, granola bars, single-serve applesauce cups and other snack-size items. Other items include coloring books and jump ropes.
Individually packaged items can be dropped off from 9 a.m.-noon each day at the following locations:
- Wednesday, June 10: Beth Sholom, 1161 Monroe Ave.
- Thursday, June 11: Hillel Day School, 191 Fairfield Drive
- Friday, June 12: JCC, 1200 Edgewood Ave.
- Monday, June 15: B’rith Kodesh, 2131 Elmwood Ave.
- Tuesday, June 16: Temple Sinai, 363 Penfield Road
- Wednesday, June 17: Temple Beth El, 139 Winton Road
- Thursday, June 16: B’rith Kodesh, 2131 Elmwood Ave.
Those donating can remain in their cars. Volunteers wearing gloves and masks will pick up the items.
Jewish Family Service CEO Jennie Schaff joined us live on Good Day Rochester to explain more about the drive and what else the organization is doing to help those in need. View the video here: https://foxrochester.com/news/good-day-rochester/jewish-family-service-collects-donations-for-brighton-food-cupboard?jwsource=em