Last updated: 6/12/19
- What Types of Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use Personal Information?
- How Do We Share Personal Information?
- How Do We Respond to ‘Do Not Track’ Signals?
- Your Privacy Choices
- California Privacy Rights
- International Transfers of Data
- Children’s Privacy
- Safeguarding Your Data
- Policy Changes
- Contact Information
1. What Types of Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information You Give Us. When you interact with us, we may collect and use personally identifiable information about you, as well as other information. Personally identifiable information includes your name, address, email address, and other similar information that can be used to identify you. You may give us information in subscription agreements, investor questionnaires, applications or other forms. You may also provide us information in your correspondence and transactions with us by phone, mail, e-mail or other electronic means. Please note that when you are no longer our customer, we may continue to share your information as described in this notice.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Contact information, such as name, address, email, telephone number;
- Identification information, such as signature, date of birth, social security number, taxpayer identification number, driver’s license, passport, or other government identification;
- Background information, such as information revealed in information you provide to us in response to our know-your- customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) inquiries;
- Financial information, such as assets, income, net worth, investment amounts and history, transaction information, tax information
Information We Automatically Collect If You Use Our Website or Smart Phone Applications. Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or use our apps. This may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. This information may be collected via several technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs, canvas fingerprinting and other means. You can control cookies in your browser, to enable or disable them. If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by any website, you should do this through the web browser settings for each web browser you use, on each device you use to access the internet.
Information We Collect From Third Parties. We may collect your information from third party service providers, such as broker-dealers, screening companies, investor placement entities, or public databases, who perform services on our behalf or at your request to verify or supplement our information.
2. How Do We Use Personal Information?
We use the information we collect primarily to enable us to provide our services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, we may use your personal information as follows:
- To fulfill your requests for financial and investment products and services offered and subscribed or accepted by you, through any medium of communication;
- To deliver to you any administrative notices, advice and communications relevant to your use of our products and/or services;
- To analyze the website usage and improve the services offered;
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems; and
- For detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity
3. How Do We Share Personal Information?
Affiliates and Service Providers. We may share your information that we collect with our subsidiaries, affiliates, third-party service providers, and/or any subcontractors as required to offer you our products and services. This may include financial services providers, non-financial companies, and others. Any such affiliate or third party service provider who we disclose information to is required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and only use your personal information for purposes that Alliant has agreed to permit.
If you provide your personal information directly to one of our third party service providers, such as a third party broker, these third parties will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these third party policies before you submit any information to these third parties.
Third Party Links and Websites. Our website and/or apps may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
Disclosures Required by Law. We may be required to disclose your data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements. We may be under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the protect the rights, property, or safety of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
4. How Do We Respond to ‘Do Not Track’ Signals?
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
5. Your Privacy Choices
Please contact us at the following toll-free number (877) 237-9972 or visit this webpage https://alliantstrategic.com/contact if you would like to request access and/or make any changes to your personal information.
Marketing Opt-Out: We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these electronic marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any email or other electronic communication we send.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these non-electronic/paper communications from us by contacting us at the following toll-free number (877) 237-9972 or visit this webpage https://alliantstrategic.com/contact
Even if you unsubscribe to marketing communications, you will still continue to receive service-related messages concerning products and services you have purchased (unless we have indicated otherwise).
6. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have the following rights:
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about you.
- The right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- The right to say no to the sale of personal information.
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right, in certain circumstances, to delete the information you have provided to us.
- The right to equal service and price, even if you exercise your privacy rights.
Request for Information. California consumers have the right to request, up to twice in a 12-month period, that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer the information listed below for the preceding 12 months. We have the right to request verification of your identity for all requests for information.
- The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
To make such a request, please call us at the following toll-free number (877) 237-9972 or visit this webpage https://alliantstrategic.com/contact
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. California consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of the consumer’s personal information. To make such a request, please call us at the following toll-free number (877) 237-9972 or visit this webpage https://alliantstrategic.com/contact
Third Party Marketing. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following toll-free number (877) 237-9972 or visit this webpage https://alliantstrategic.com/contact
7. International Transfers of Data
If you are accessing our website or apps from outside of the United States, any data that you provide to us will be accessed, shared or processed by our offices, located in the United States, and service providers located in the United States, if such data transfer is necessary for the specific purpose for which you submitted your data (such as the provision of goods or services under a written contract).
This may entail a transfer of your personal information across international borders into the United States. The data protections standards may differ and be lower than the standards enforced in your jurisdiction.
8. Children’s Privacy
This Site is not directed at individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the following toll-free number (877) 237-9972 or visit this webpage https://alliantstrategic.com/contact
If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
9. Safeguarding Your Data
To protect the personal information of individuals, we permit access only by authorized employees who need access to that information to provide services to us and to you. To guard investors' personal information, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state standards.
Your right to privacy extends to all forms of contact with us, including telephone, written correspondence and electronic media, such as the internet.
10. Change of Control
Personal information may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change in control. If we sell, merge or transfer any part of the business, part of the sale may include your personal information.
11. Policy Changes
12. Contact Information